Our clients can range from large multinationals to small family businesses. Regardless of their size, we find some clients want to input from our entire engagement model where as others request the activities and expertise they feel they need assistance with.
Take comfort in the fact that we will take the time to listen, to understand your business and then work with you and your resources to make sure you get the outcomes you need.
Clandestine Engagement Model:
Phase 1 – Market Reconnaissance
In this phase we seek to uncover the real questions surrounding a product or service and identify the core and latent needs of both your customers and your business stakeholders.
We combine these insights with learnings from hindsight and the predictions of foresight in market trends to form a holistic knowledge base on which to build our strategies.
Activities and stages in this phase include:
- Business Model Review
- Stakeholder and customer identification mapping - B2E, B2B and B2C
- Qualitative customer research
- Quantitative customer research
- Research collation and insights presentation
Phase 2 - Innovation Strategy
Knowledge is power and now that we are armed with market insight and a deep understanding of our customer's needs we can strategise new product or service innovations.
Innovation Horizon Mapping will allow us to formulate a range of strategies from those that are iterative in nature through to highly disruptive and game changing proposals.
It is no surprise that all companies would prefer to immediately develop and release market changing and radically disruptive innovations. It must noted that delivery of such innovations require research and development, time and quite often a change in business model.
What we can do immediately is help you create an innovation plan for new product or service developments relative to your companies capabilities and resources over time.
Activities and stages in this phase can include:
- Innovation strategy workshops
- Lo-fidelity prototypes
- Narrative/role play evaluations
- Stakeholder focus groups
- Intellectual property assessment
- Innovation pipeline development.
Tactical Design Briefs
Relative to client resources and the nature of our engagement, it sometimes make sense for Clandestine to help create commercialisation briefs for downstream internal business resources or external consultants to tactically deliver to market. Often we are there from the very start of the programme and can help translate this tacit knowledge and experience into new solution requirements.
Phase 3.0 – Tactical Design and Manufacturing Delivery
With a brief provided, Clandestine can get an understanding of the scope and scale of the innovative new product or service to be designed, engineered, manufactured and delivered to market.
Although industrial design consultants have traditionally operated in this post brief tactical delivery area, Clandestine differentiates its self by continuing design led, covert and collaborative customer engagement activities throughout all stages of Phase 3.
Activities and Stages in this phase can include:
- A1 Clandestine brief review and kick off meeting
- A2 Lifecycle and User Experience Workshops
- A3 Technical Requirements Specification creation
- S1 Concept Development
- S2 Concept Testing (Customer focus groups - CFGs)
- S3 Commercialisation Review (IP review, Supply Chain Logistics)
- S4 DFMA (design and engineering for mass manufacture)
- S5 Hi-Fidelity Prototype Testing (Lab testing, Field testing and CFGs)
- S6 Mass Production Preparation (Tooling construction and trials)
+ 6 months after commercial release :
- S7 Impact Assessment (How did it perform, what did we learn and what’s next?).